December 12, 2003
how to get your cat to move
at lunch today joe, dave and i had a brainstorming sesh. joe's full of interesting ideas on how to get a cat to move around.
- laser pointer. duh-- i've been meaning to get him one for years.
- motorized kitty fishing pole. apparently they have them now.
- put low-tack tape on his front paws.
- build or buy something to climb on; serve his food on top
- a gerbil in one of those transparent gerbil balls. poor gerbil. it would lead a short but exciting life.
- a kitten
- a dog
- a piece of that collapsible silver foil ductwork. i had a rabbit that just loved that stuff.
- always use really good quality catnip and change it out often.
- water gun. he won't like it, but he'll move.
- put a cat door in a piece of wood and insert that into a porch window so he can access the screen porch during the day.
ok, some ore more useful than others, but i think i've got some good stuff here. i think i should also set up some web cams to monitor him during the day.
Posted by lisa at December 12, 2003 04:50 PM | TrackBack
we've got a motorized fishing pole thing, if you want to try it out. our cats are sort of ho-hum about it.
Posted by: christa on December 12, 2003 06:07 PM
I thought about suggesting the gerbil in the ball, but decided it would be really cruel to the gerbil. Moses could probably scare it to death even without touching it.
Posted by: Sarah on December 12, 2003 06:18 PM